Hi y’all,

1)
FYI - I’ve just updated my iPad from the last version of iOS to 10.3 and so far:

It went through fine in pretty short order on a 32GB iPad Air, about 20-25
minutes maximum
Before the upgrade I had 955MB free; after 10.3 was installed I have 2.97GB
free! :-)
It seems faster to me
Everything is running just fine so far.

2)
The other thing was a handy app on the Mac App Store called Magnet which lets
you have windows auto-resized in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 and full screen windows very
easily. I think it’s dead handy. At the moment it’s still reduced 80% at £0.99
- https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/magnet/id441258766?mt=12

No financial connection, just like to pass on handy tips. :-)

3)
I’ve decided to move from desktop to laptop after 33 years. I should soon have
my trusty iMac for sale once I’ve got everything transferred and up and running
on my ‘new’ 2015 macBook Pro (arriving today hopefully!).

It’s a Mid-2011 21.5” iMac with superdrive, 2.5GHz i5, 500GB hard disk and 12GB
RAM. Comes with wireless keyboard and trackpad (1st gen. of both as I recall)
and the original box. It’s in ace condition and works perfectly … except that
about a week ago it stopped going to sleep. It restarts fine, shuts down fine
but won’t sleep, the screen just goes dark and it carries on running.

Offers around £250-£300 I suppose which seems the sort of going rate … It’s
currently in Essex but I can bring it to somewhere like Brighton (is there
anywhere like Brighton?) if required.

OK - bye for now.

Stephen

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary,
and those who don't.