Hi y’all,

I’ve now got a new/old MacBook Pro (Early 2015) to replace my trusty Mid-2011
21.5” iMac.

One of the few games I play is Diablo 3 which ran just fine on the iMac - the
only sound being that from the game itself.

Having simply started the game on the MacBook Pro, let alone dispatching the
hordes of hell, the fans start and then get faster and faster until they sound
like a small jet plane waiting on the runway! Diablo seems to play fine but I’m
concerned that the MacBook is going to expire or cook its CPU or something else.

Is this normal behaviour when playing a game? Will the MacBook shutdown to
protect itself if it all starts getting too much? Any reassurance would be
appreciated.

Thank you.

Stephen

"Companies deciding which kinds of toothpaste to market have much more
rigorous, established decision-making procedures to refer to than the most
senior officials of the US government deciding whether or not to go to war" -
Michael Mazarr, professor of national-security strategy at the US National War
College.