Friends

I fear I've bothered you with this back in the days of Yosemite...

I'm still on Mavericks, as my Mac works so brilliantly (albeit I heeded
Sam's counsel - we all should - and put installed a 256GB SSD to make it
run like new). There is no lag or spinning wheels - it is a brilliant
workhorse and nearly 7 years old. No complaints.

I installed Yosemite and found it laggy, fan always whirring, and gave up.

But my most favourite app Things (the best of GTD software that I've tried
www.culturedcode.com) has just released v3 and the features are tempting -
but it's 10.11 or higher.

-Do I dare update to Sierra?!
-Has anyone else done it on this age/spec of hardware (2 spec screenshots
attached)?
-If I do, are there some gripes I just need to accept?
-If it starts laggy and loud fans, does it settle down (I heard that it
might?)

I'd prefer the smooth and reliable Mavericks over a laggy Sierra and can't
justify new hardware, yet!

Any experience and advice, gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Adam