Hello Virginia,

If it’s an application and a file system that supports it (your Mac storage
will, but some don’t) then you can get it back from a previous version. This is
supported by all Apple’s own applications and many 3rd party applications too.
There’s a video here that demonstrates it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjF_gZN8IGQ
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjF_gZN8IGQ>

Also, I believe Dropbox saves previous edits of a document if you access your
file via Dropbox.com <http://dropbox.com/> and then you should be able to
retrieve that lost page.

Cheers,

Stephen

"Every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually
being re-directed to something better.” ~ Steve Maraboli