I think you can safely ignore it. What we should do regardless of whether we get scams by email is to glance at bank statements when they come in and look for strange activity. For instance if someone *had* somehow got access to your accounts, they typically take small amounts regularly over a period of time before realising you are not checking, then trying for larger ones. Banks are quite good at spotting unusual ones, so they can get a fair amount by taking a tenner each month and being patient.

But this is a scam, don't worry. Keep an eye on your bank statements and query with the bank if anything odd does occur.

Cheers,

On 9 Nov 2023, at 15:34, Gillian Snoxall wrote:

Hello Smuggers,

I have received this email, purporting to come from Norton Prime (though no email address given).

I have definitely not placed any order with Norton at any time, and wish to cancel the one that is the subject of the email. I have tried phoning but it is incomprehensible.

Please advise me!

Gilly

Begin forwarded message:

From: FORM-SENT-IN-EMAIL <wertyujhgfg...@gmail.com>
Subject: ORDER#31438
Date: 9 November 2023 at 14:30:30 GMT
To: gilliansnox...@gmail.com

Order successfully processed Registered Delivered Quality control
check Positive experience

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sussex Mac User Group" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to smug+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smug/B6046545-14FA-43D5-8906-D1DA2121E96C%40gmail.com.

Cheers,

Jason