PiHole is an app which runs on any linux computer, I use a Raspberry Pi
mini-computer. It acts as the DNS server on the network, looking up on which
servers a website is hosted, so your computer can connect to it and load data.
It works by blocking a list of known advert-serving domains so any device on my
network will not be able to connect to those servers. It’s relatively easy to
set up if you know what you’re doing, you also need a router which supports
setting custom DNS servers on a network (Virgin routers generally don’t but you
can work around it).

Each web browser has its own extensions system. Safari’s are now part of the
macOS App Store, you can download & install from there, I use Adblock and
Ghostery. Occasionally I encounter websites which don’t work without the
cookies automatically blocked by Ghostery, but you can right-click the ‘reload’
icon in Safari’s location bar, then select to reload the website without
content blockers.

I’d recommend installing a browser extension first, then if you want an advert
blocker for every device on your home network in one go, PiHole’s the way to
go. You’d just need to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 or 4 (they can be a bit hard to
come by) and I can help set it up.
_
Regards
Sam Mullen

+44 (0)7747778022 <tel://+447747778022>
i...@macambulance.com <mailto:i...@macambulance.com>
www.macambulance.com <http://www.macambulance.com/>

MacAmbulance Ltd.
Providing Affordable Mac/PC Support and Web Development

MacAmbulance Ltd. is a registered company in England & Wales, registration
number 8466597

This email is intended solely for the addressed recipients and may contain
privileged or confidential information.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete
the email immediately.