On 14/11/16 10:27, Didier Roche wrote:
I guess for now, the compiler part (and access to system libraries)
should be part of an interface. I'm CCing Jamie to see if he has any
thoughts on that.

Yes, that makes sense -- probably two different interfaces ... ? I know that access to system libraries is a known issue in terms of defining an interface (this was discussed earlier when I was attempting to snap-package LDC, the LLVM-based D compiler).

I'm happy to have a go at defining an interface that would allow access to a D compiler, if someone can offer basic guidance as to what would be involved. (Ideally, such an interface would offer access both to snap-packaged D compilers and any D compilers installed on the host system.)

Thanks & best wishes,

    -- Joe