Note snapctl exists for a few weeks only, while xdg-open is there for
several months. We couldn't have done that much earlier.

It's probably not a great first task for newcomers, because we need to
teach snapctl to work out of hooks first, so it traverses several layers.

There's a chance you might get Pawel excited enough to work on this soon,
after he's done with retries. He's been touching on related subjects.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net