On 17/01/17 22:22, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
For classic confined snaps to link, they either need to be part of core or
staged into your snap. On system libraries are ignored completely to ensure you
have a working snap in the end.

Is that a work in progress constraint, or is it the intended long term behaviour? (I'll try it out shortly in any case.)

I ask because currently, if a package is explicitly stated as a build dependency, then with `strict` confinement it's automatically included in the final snap where necessary. What makes `classic` confinement unable to automatically handle the inclusion of build dependencies in the same way?