On 06/02/17 00:00, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
We removed all traces of license.txt from our
documentation months ago as snapd made no use of it. That said you are free to
drop license file inside the snap wherever you want.

Just to follow up a little here: I'm honestly not sure I like this change. It may not be used by snapd but it makes sense that there should be an expectation that each snap package will contain a license file in a standardized location, and there should be a standardized way of providing it.

Related to the 2.26 changes: I notice that as of 2.26 any generated package now includes a `snap/` directory, even though the `gui` and `snap.yaml` files included with the generated package still wind up in the `meta/` directory.

Is this a transitional change (with `snap/` being the intended long-term location for metadata) or just a bug?