Congrats Lowell, I know that's a load off your mind. And the Church is definitely better off with a pastor, here's  praying you guys got a good one! :)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 9:22 PM
Subject: [Sndbox] One prayer answered...

Greetings!

I had one of my prayers answered tonight.  As you probably know, I was elected to a two-year term on my church board back in May.  I told them then it was a step of faith, because I was doing very poorly at that time.  Anyway, one of the first things that happened was our old pastor resigned in June, so for the last couple of months I've been serving ex officio on the pastoral search committee.  That duty is now over, as Calvary A/G overwhelmingly (94%!) approved Rev. Rusty Rhoads as our new pastor.

My prayer that was answered was that the church would select the committee's preferred candidate, and with an 80% or better majority (only 2/3 is required).  As you can imagine if you've ever been in a similar position, everyone was very happy.  Things are definitely looking up!

Best wishes,
Lowell