-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Charles
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 4:06 PM
To: 'The Sandbox Discussion List'
Subject: [Sndbox] Star Wars: Episode III Wraps Filming

Rick McCallum, producer of Star Wars: Episode III, clapped the final slate
on the last take of principal photography for the prequel, which wrapped at
Fox Studios Australia at 6:42 p.m. Sept. 17, the official Web site
reported. The originally scheduled 12-week shoot wrapped five days ahead of
schedule. "It's almost unheard of for a major motion picture to come in
under schedule," McCallum told the site. "I have the hard-working and
highly skilled crew, as well as our talented cast, to thank for such an
achievement."

Post-production will commence immediately in Marin County, Calif., where
director George Lucas, McCallum, editors Roger Barton and Ben Burtt and the
visual-effects team at Industrial Light & Magic will work a solid schedule
through to the film's release in 2005, the site reported.

"Shooting the film is only a small part of the whole process," McCallum
said. "George is enthusiastic about getting back to the ranch and starting
the next component. This will enable him to start thinking about what he
needs to pick up when we shoot in March 2004. For George and [me], this is
only the midway point. We still have 18 months to get through."
[>>Charles<<]