Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When in 1930 the Time staff had to decide on who was going
to be on the cover of their Man of the Year issue, they
hesitated between candidates such as Josef Vissarionovitch
Dzhugashvili aka Stalin, James Ramsay MacDonald, Adolf
Hitler and Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.  Which of them did
they finally nominate?

Hmmm.  It seems that 1930 is too early for either Hitler or
Gandhi.  I know Hitler was it in 1938 for Munich, and I
think Stalin was it in 1940 or 1941.  I'll go with
MacDonald, whoever he is.

---Lowell