'Friends' star developing new sitcom

LOS ANGELES -- David Schwimmer plans to develop a 2004 TV sitcom based on the upcoming book "How to Remodel a Man," according to Daily Variety. The book, by Bruce Cameron ("8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter'), set to be published next year, takes a comedic look at ways men might reinvent themselves when looking to attract the opposite sex. The TV version will focus on a divorced young man who relies on the women in his life to help him re-examine his relationships. "Guys don't like to be changed, and this is just a fun, fresh opportunity to look at and examine the process of that kind of remodeling," Schwimmer said. The "Friends" star turned director-producer said he'd also like to shoot "How to Remodel a Man" in some unconventional ways, should it make it to pilot. "I'm hoping personally to have an opportunity visually to play with the medium of the sitcom and how to use the camera," he said.

<<image001.gif>>