LINDSAY PRICE, CHRISTOPHER MOYNIHAN, SONYA WALGER, COLIN FERGUSON, SOFER, AND JAY HARRINGTON
LINDSAY PRICE, CHRISTOPHER MOYNIHAN, SONYA WALGER, COLIN FERGUSON, SOFER, AND JAY HARRINGTON
BUZZ FACTOR You rate the show
NEW SHOW (NBC) 9:30-10 PM Debuts Sept. 25

CONCEPT Six Chicago Gen-Xers in various permutations of dating or friendship talk about sex (''I am not completely shaved -- I mean shallow!'') whenever they're not having it. Thus we usher in something new on NBC Thursdays: Must-Condom TV!

THE SCOOP ''Coupling'' is an American version of a British ''Friends'' rip-off. (Did you follow that?) That condom we mentioned, by the way, might as well get regular billing in the opening credits for all that's made of it in the pilot. Executive producer (and ''Cheers'' vet) Phoef Sutton says of ''Coupling'''s nonstop sex chat and, well, sex, ''The whole show is based on the premise of...these things happen.'' You mean (and this is the most pathetic spoiler alert EW has ever issued) people as good-lookin' as Rena Sofer flash a breast in restaurants that Sutton frequents? Sutton's producing partner Ben Silverman appends a note of brutal honesty: ''It's actually not really as provocative as the stuff on HBO.''

BOTTOM LINE Any show that puns on the phrase ''coming together'' is either ''Benny Hill'' or this piece of horny wish fulfillment.