Returning home from a movie, two friends and I were stopped by a
police officer. As my friend Jeff handed his licence and
registration over, he asked if he had been speeding. "You were
doing just under 70 in a 60 zone, but I'm not going to give you a
ticket," the officer said. We were puzzled when he asked Jeff to
open the trunk, and more puzzled when he asked Jeff to go around
to the back of the car with him. "I've got a burnt out
taillight," the officer stated.
"Oh, no! Not again!" Jeff exclaimed. "I just replaced one a few
weeks ago."

"No, no," the officer corrected. "I've got a burnt out taillight
on a car exactly the same as this, and I was wondering if you'd
show me how to change it."

<<image001.gif>>