I remember trying the first Google toolbar because I like Google for a search engine...however, wound up removing it. Can't remember now why though.....
----- Original Message -----
From: Jimmy
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] A solution for the script errors...

Charles, I heard this can interfere with some of your programmes.......any substance to this?
Jimmy

Google Toolbar, Too

Woody's NEW Windows XP book!

Windows XP Timesaving Techniques For Dummies

Order your copy today click here

It’s one of the greatest Windows timesavers of all time. Really. I think the Google toolbar ranks right up there with right-click menus and customizable Quick Launch icons.

Google has released version 2.0 of its fantastic toolbar, and I would urge you to take a few minutes right now to download and install it. The new version includes a pop-up ad blocker that really works, a form filler (which I wouldn’t use – but then I don’t use Internet Explorer’s auto fill either), a blog linker, and a handful of tweaking and cosmetic improvements.

I talk about the Google toolbar extensively in Windows XP Timesaving Techniques For Dummies, pages 245-250. Those tricks still work. Most notably – and much to Google’s credit – the privacy warnings are still there in the version 2.0 installer, so you have a chance to see precisely what Google will (or won’t!) do with PageRank information that it collects from you. If you’re curious about the implications of accepting or rejecting PageRank on the Toolbar, see pages 246-7.

The Google Toolbar installer even disables that ultra-annoying Scripting Error dialog box (“A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?”). If you don’t install the Google Toolbar, check out pages 230-1 of Windows XP Timesaving Techniques For Dummies for instructions on manually turning off the [EMAIL PROTECTED] thing.