Exactly, but the thing is, in the case of my aunt, she needed a car that would get her too and from work. My grandfather co-signed a car loan on a car that was 3 or 4 years old. It was a used car and I think cost around$9000 and her payments per month are quite low, but b/c they felt she could get that, she didnt need assistance.

 -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 12:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Man Kept Tiger In Public Housing

In a message dated 10/7/2003 7:25:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

B/c they look at the fact that if you can "afford" to make payments on a new car, then you dont really need food stamps.

but thats the whole little trick of the system.  when you have nothing and own nothing. you cant get personal loans to buy old cars. most people who sell them will not take payments. in fact the only way you can get payments and a chance at a loan is an auto dealership which will not sell you a car under3 to 4 years old without huge payments. the newer the car the longer the loan the less of a payment. and without a car you cant get to work.