The Dumbocrats are at it again eh?
----- Original Message -----
From: Charles
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 8:25 PM
Subject: [Sndbox] Democrats to terminate Arnold?

Democrats to terminate Arnold?
Rumors fly of Hollywood producer's plan to turn tables on GOP

5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Talk is circulating among California Democrats of an attempt to turn the tables on Republicans and recall Gov.-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger, including a rumored plan by Hollywood producer Steve Bing.

The Modesto Bee reports the chatter centers on Bing, contributor of $100,000 to the anti-recall committee for Gov. Gray Davis, who Tuesday became only the second governor removed from office in U.S. history. Bing also gave $40,000 to an unaffiliated committee opposed to the recall.

Bing's spokesman refused comment, the Modesto paper said, but Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante, a candidate in the recall election, addressed the issue Monday.

"In fact, there are people who are already organizing," he said. "That's one of the fundamental problems with (the recall against Davis.) That's why it should be rejected, because we're about to enter into an era of perpetual politics in California."

Bing contributed to a television ad campaign earlier this year that claimed SUV owners are aiding terrorists. Called the "Detroit Project," it was promoted by syndicated columnist and recall candidate Arianna Huffington.

U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California said she is aware of the talk about recalling Schwarzenegger, but insisted she has nothing to do with it.

"I am not part of that," she said, according to the Modesto daily. "I don't want to be part of it. I think it should be held in abeyance."

California's Democratic Party has little enthusiasm for the idea, at least for the moment, said spokesman Bob Mulholland.

But Mulholland indicated that could change, as Democrats will be watching to see whether Schwarzenegger fulfills a campaign promise to tackle the state's major problems in the first 100 days.

"Clearly, if he hasn't solved all of California's problems, the anger could turn on him," Mulholland said, according to the Bee.

Other leaders sounded a similar note, dismissing the idea but holding out the possibility of bringing it up later, the paper said.

Nathan Ballard of the California Labor Federation said "people are talking about it, but we don't support it," adding quickly, "not yet."

Jim Clarke, head of the California Democratic Council, the state party's liberal wing, said Democratic legislators should delay moves to make it more difficult to mount recalls, the Modesto daily reported.

"I don't want to necessarily tie Democratic hands and make it harder for us," he said.

Democratic political consultant Bill Carrick said Democratic legislators need to give the new governor a chance.

"Democrats have to make a good- faith effort to work with Arnold Schwarzenegger," Carrick said, according to the Bee. "If he is not flexible and does not want to work with Democrats, that's another issue down the road."

Republican consultant Kevin Spillane, believes all the talk will amount to nothing, the paper said, predicting another recall would not occur "for a very, very long time."