Dear Yasser . . .

Israel - Middle East
Friday, October 10, 2003
Jack Kinsella - Omega Letter Editor

Jack Kinsella

Depending on who you ask, Yasser Arafat is 1) fit to run the Boston Marathon, 2) has terminal stomach cancer, 3) may have suffered a minor heart attack, or 4) dead as a doornail. My instincts and the general consensus among our various intelligence sources would indicate that he is somewhere in between Options 3 and 4. Let's call it a 3 1/2 -- it was more than a minor heart attack, but since Arafat's heart is the size of a pea, he isn't quite dead. Enough. Yet. So there is still time for me to give him some much-needed advice.

Dear Yasser Arafat

Yasser, despite the fact you have more Israeli blood on your hands than anyone since Adolf Hitler, God loves you. Two thousand years ago, a Jewish man named Jesus Christ was crucified for the sins of the world.

You have called Him a great prophet and a wise man in the past, like when you ordered the takeover of His birthplace in Bethlehem. You are wrong. The Jewish Man you called a great prophet and a wise man was neither.

Had He been a great prophet and a good man, then, when asked if He was God come in the flesh, He would have said no, and then walked away from the Cross a free man.

He wouldn't have had to endure the agonies inflicted upon Him, and COULD have lived out His life, (as Islam teaches that He did), gotten married and raised a family.

But He loved you, Yasser old man, so much that even though He knew that you would slander Him and attempt to kill of His biological race and steal their land, still He chose the Cross. So He could pay for your sins.

Jesus Christ, whom you used as just one more political tool in your bag of dirty tricks, was neither a wise man or a great prophet.

Unless He was God Incarnate, He was a liar and a lunatic, since that was the charge leveled against Him, and He was convicted based entirely on His refusal to answer to the charge.

In your description of Jesus as just one of Islam's prophets, you have sealed your own eternal fate, Yasser. You have labeled the Lord of the Universe a liar and a lunatic with your cynical effort to praise Someone you do not know.

You have damned yourself by faint praise.

Despite Islam's effort to incorporate the King of Kings into a religion as a mere bit player, Jesus Christ would still like to introduce Himself to you, and extend to you the free gift of salvation available to all men by grace through faith in Him.

Even you.

Yasser, let me tell you, if it was me, I'd be making an exception in your case, buddy. It wouldn't matter a bit to me how much you said you were sorry.

If I were in charge, I'd order another load of coal for your section of hell. If I were Him, you and I would have the kind of 'come-to-Jesus meeting' that leaves knuckle bumps all over your face (not that anybody could tell).

But, Yasser old man, I am NOT in charge, so you still have a chance. Jesus IS and He is love, and so He even loves you.

Although He could have walked away, the Jew named Jesus chose to exchange His life for your eternity. He lived the life that you were supposed to, and then He willingly accepted the death that you, in particular, so richly deserve.

As His brother Jews cried, "Let His death be upon us, and upon our children," as your ancestors stood by in amusement while our ancestors drove nails into His Hands and Feet, He cried out, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

The nature of the Judge that you will soon stand before to answer for your crimes is not the same as you are used to. He won't cluck sympathetically while you explain the necessity of killing the innocent as part of your duty to your religion. You WILL stand before the Great White Throne. And you WON'T be facing Allah.

You will face the One Whose Name you took in vain by claiming Him as a minor prophet of a counterfeit god.

Yasser, my guts tell me you haven't got long for this world. And you are right about one thing. There is a world after this. But you won't be greeted by 72 virgins. Unless you first turn to your Advocate, you stand a much better chance of being greeted by 72 Virginians. Bad-tempered ones who are sick of greeting your victims.

The Bible says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. In your case, that is pretty obvious. It also says that the wages of sin is death, which in your case, is looming large on the horizon.

But there is another death. Unless you turn your case over to Jesus, you will stand before the Judge at the Great White Throne and will get a second sentence of death.

Not the kind you think of, but an eternal, constant and conscious death. An eternity in the kind of hell you gave your many victims. Except in their case, it was over in a flash. Yours will never end.

The REAL Jesus told a story of a rich man and a beggar named Lazarus. He described the rich man as faring sumptuously every day, while denying Lazarus even the crumbs from his table. In fact, Yasser, whenever I read this story, in my mind's eye, the rich man has your face.

Jesus said that in their times, both the rich man and Lazarus died. The rich man awoke in hell, which he discovered is a real place. The rich man begged for a drop of water to cool his tongue, tormented in the flames. He also begged that his brothers could avoid his fate, meaning he remembered his earthly life. As you will, Yasser, once you go to your reward.

It was interesting that although Lazarus was a beggar, Jesus called him by name. But the rich man is only called the 'rich man' -- because he no longer has a name. He doesn't need one, since nobody will ever call it again.

His eternity is sealed -- there will be no reprieve. Nobody will need it.

You will spend eternity alone, in the torment of the flames of hell, without hope, with nothing but the memories of your crimes to turn to for comfort. Yasser, unless you turn to Jesus, you will never hear your name again, because you will be eternally dead to everyone in the universe EXCEPT YOU!

Think about it for a minute, my terrorist friend! Your death is upon you, and the second death is waiting right around the corner. And in the second death, you will live forever as a dead man. You won't wake up every morning wishing you had done the right thing, because you will never sleep again.

You will just spend eternity awake, conscious, in torment and misery, with no name and nothing for comfort but your memories of the opportunities you rejected to avoid your fate.

But as richly as you deserve your fate, it isn't too late to change it. Recognize you are a sinner in need of salvation and that there isn't anything you can do on your own to atone for your sins.

Trust Jesus Christ with your eternity, surrender your will to Him, and allow Him to make the changes in your life while you seek to know Him better. Ask Jesus to be your Advocate and to take you to heaven when you die.

If you do that, Yasser, as deplorable a human being as you are, you can know eternal joy in the presence of the Savior, Jesus Christ, the Jew from Bethlehem by way of Nazereth Whom you called a mere 'prophet'.

Or you can share the fate of the rich man.

In the final moments of His agony, as the weight of your sins, Yasser, together with those of mine and every person who ever lived, were laid upon His broken Body and His shed Blood flowed, He cried, "Tetelestai!" which is translated into English as 'it is finished!' but means, 'paid in full.'

For those who wash themselves clean in that shed Blood of the Lamb, the penalty for our sins has been paid -- in full, once and for eternity.

For those who enter eternity unwashed, that's how long it will take to cancel their sin debt. Eternity.

Best of luck, Yasser. But if I was you, I wouldn't trust to luck.

Excerpted from the Omega Letter Daily Intelligence Briefing, Vol 25, Issue:9