LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "American Pie" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
co-star Alyson Hannigan is getting ready to cast her next small screen
spell. The 29-year-old actress has signed a talent deal with NBC.

Currently there are no specific projects set aside for Hannigan, though
according to The Hollywood Reporter, the actress is looking to star in a
comedy. She's currently meeting with writers and looking at existing
scripts.

"She has such a natural effervescence," says Marc Hirschfeld, executive
casting vice president at NBC. "She brought into 'Buffy' a real sense of
humor to the role of Willow, and between that and the 'American Pie'
movies, where she's so winning, we really think that this is the right time
for her to try a half-hour comedy."

Hannigan played Willow Rosenberg for the entire run of Joss Whedon's WB and
UPN series. Initially Buffy's nerdy sidekick, Hannigan helped the character
evolve from an Internet-surfing wallflower into a powerful (and sometimes
evil) witch. Although early on, Willow had a relationship with Seth Green's
Oz, her lesbian romance with Amber Benson's Tara evoke especially emphatic
response from the show's passionate audience.

On the big screen, Hannigan's credits include "My Stepmother is an Alien,"
"Boys and Girls" and three tours of duty as band geek Michelle in the
"American Pie" movies.

"We're really enthusiastic about the idea of getting her on NBC and on the
air," Hirschfeld ads. "This is one of our top priorities."