That paragraph summed it up best if you ask me, and to me the scariest part about the left's position is that they regard the absence of morals as "morally superior". Or at least the absense of what several would consider to be several important moral postions....

"The Left regards America as morally inferior to many European societies with their abolition of the death penalty, cradle-to-grave welfare and religion-free life; and it does not believe there are distinctive American values worth preserving. The Right regards America as the last best hope for humanity and believes that there are distinctive American values – the unique combination of a religious (Judeo-Christian) society, a secular government, personal liberty and capitalism – worth fighting and dying for. "