While I don't agree with her idea of God being *ok* with her stripping on stage...I stand up and applaud an entertainer that does draw a line somewhere. Now here's hoping she stands by it, I remember when Jessica Simpson came out she was touted as being *different* than the others when it came to stuff like that.  Christian singer, preachers daughter.....now, she looks just like the rest of them......( meaning skimpy clothes, etc )
----- Original Message -----
From: Charles
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 11:53 AM
Subject: [Sndbox] GOD'S NO TO LESBIAN KISS

GOD'S NO TO LESBIAN KISS
Beyonce Knowles has hit out at one of pop's latest fads - the lesbian kiss.

The devout Christian says she has permission from God to wear sexy clothes and strip on stage but not to have a girl-on-girl snog.

In an interview with the Sun, she reckons the church has no problem with her shaking her booty in hot pants.

But she draws the line at the antics of stars like Madonna and Britney Spears, who recently shared a full-on kiss at the MTV Awards.

She says: "I have standards. There are things I will not do."

Beyonce, 22, is making final preparations for her first-ever UK tour.

She says: "I always carry myself like a lady. I don't feel like I ever do anything raunchy."

And she adds: "It's entertainment and I believe God is OK with that."

The Destiny's Child star is fast becoming the new Queen of Pop with a string of hits and a hugely-successful debut solo album, Dangerously In Love.

But she admits that she had to ditch her favourite diet of junk food to be able to squeeze into the skimpy outfits she has become famous for.

And she runs up to six miles a day when not burning off the calories perfecting her dance routines.