This might sound stupid, but I have been worrying about this for awhile now.
When GOP candidates like Bush run on a conservative platform and then
proceed in a moderate fashion, once elected.... I feel that it leaves the Dems
no choice but to go further left, thus the entire populace is shifted further
left.... A way out there theory, I know...