PARROT RESCUER: FORGET 10G TREAT
By CYNTHIA R. FAGEN
 Email  Archives
 Print  Reprint
October 19, 2003 -- A good Samaritan squawked at the lofty offer of a $10,000 reward yesterday after she and two construction workers went out on a limb to rescue an exotic pet parrot from a tree on the Upper East Side this week.

"I would never accept a reward," said Jayne Rosenberg. "Even if I had known at the time there was a reward, that is not why I did this. I love children, and I love animals."

A neighbor of the owner of the bird, Augusta Kugelmas, said she was the one who posted the reward money on some fliers but never got a chance to meet Rosenberg.

She said she left a voice message on Rosenberg's machine thanking her.

"She is from heaven. More people should be like her," Kugelmas said.

Armand, an exotic Eclectus parrot, flew the coop on Wednesday when Kugelmas, who was baby-sitting him, brought him to the lobby of her East 93rd Street building so it could get some fresh air - against the orders of his owner, Frank Robertson.