I was trying to figure out the other day how far the Smokies were from where
I'm at. Turns out its a little under 4 hours.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of David
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 12:24 PM
To: 'The Sandbox Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] Where is e'one?

Well, let's see.  I was in Pigeon Forge about the time you asked
this...getting ready for a helicopter ride no less. :-) It was awesome to
see the colors of the mountains from the helicopter.  Worth the cost for
sure.

We got to the Smokies on Thursday around noon and checked into our cabin.
It was nice, out of town about 10 miles.  Not a good view, but the cabin
made up for that.  We did a few things around town and ate some good food
and did some shopping on the last day.  Wish we could have stayed longer,
but alas, we had to come back to work. :-)

I did pick up some papers and checked out a couple of locations that I'm
seriously thinking about moving to when we decided to take the plunge.  I
think I have Julie convinced that we can do it.  She liked Maryville, which
is just about 20 miles from the Smokies.  It is a very clean town that looks
like a great place to live.  I'm going to look into it and see what kind of
job prospects might be up there...it's only 20 minutes or so from Knoxville
too, so it should have plenty to choose from.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have some pictures to send in from the trip after
lunch.  I think they turned out pretty good.

David L.

Ben Franklin:  “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations
become corrupt, they have more need of masters.”