I agree.

David L.

Ben Franklin:  “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt, they have more need of masters.”

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Charles
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 9:34 AM
To: 'The Sandbox Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] Senate Defies Bush On Iraq Assistance `

Good for them.  Iraq should pay for its reconstruction, why should the US citizens pay the bill?  Germany paid for its reconstruction, and the reconstruction of the rest of Europe from the money raised in its coal mines.  Japan paid for its reconstruction after WWII.  Iraq can do the same.  We can help (50% free money is a good gift in my opinion), but we shouldn't be expected to do it all.  I have thought from day one Bush was wrong to pledge not to use Iraq oil to pay for this war.  If he vetoes this bill he will be the one that is wrong.