Hmm, that is puzzling.  I would have thought it would be a voluntary class.

David L.

Ben Franklin:  "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt, they have more need of masters."

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Angela
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 7:40 AM
To: sandbox
Subject: [Sndbox] Food for thought

Ok, sex education classes in school are all voluntary, correct? So why in my kids school is the hunter education class mandatory? Now I have no problem with my kids taking the class, especially since my son is going hunting this year with his grandad, but what about kids of people that are anti gun and PETA lovers? They teach you the correct way to handle guns and clean guns, but they also teach you how to gut and clean a deer after it's been killed. Now some of these kids will never see a gun and probably never even consider killing a deer, so why should they be made to take this class. At least on the sex education it is something e'one will eventually do, even if it is after they are married. But not e'one will go out and go hunting.