Oh they tested me and I never backed down, it was the younger classes with younger out of control kids that don't want to listen at all. But as I've said on a few other subjects recently, I don't like most kids and that is my choice.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 7:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Your Children Are Ugly

In a message dated 10/31/2003 10:09:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I guess b/c I've been around so many kids, some whose parents do discipline them and they are still brats that I just don't like them much anymore. Try being a substitute teacher for a year and see how well you like kids when you are done.

i chose to teach because i like kids.  I have taught and am upset i can't get a Full Time position somewhere.  Even as a sub i still like kids, in fact as a sub I even made the official "cross over" by escorting one to the office after catching him typing obscenities on his computer screen.  Taught for another day or two at that location and did not have any problems at all in that class or with that child.  All it tkaes is just one moment in the class to show the whole group of kids you are in charge and will not tolerate problems, and it will be respected.  Subs especially (as you well know) will be tested on this.  the trick is not to back down and hold your ground.