True, every place I've ever lived only had one cable provider. Even in the bigger towns....
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 9:02 AM
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] Name that tune...

Well I have to have my phone line.  It's the same one for voice or DSL, but can be used simultaneously.  I don't have to have a dedicated line for the internet though.

Honestly though, I wouldn't consider our area secluded or rural.  Our TV area is the Orlando metro area.  We are 30 miles from the outlying towns of Orlando.  (I do realize you said small secluded area like where my sister lives. )  I'm just saying I'm showing problems with cable service in our area and we are not out in the boondocks.

The problem, as I mentioned before is competition.  In most areas a single cable company is allowed to have a monopoly.  They have no incentive then.  That's not the cable company's fault, but it is still a reason to look for an alternative.

Charles Mims