I have a friend who lives in Australia where they have socialized healthcare.  He needed some surgery, so he flew into the United States to have it done.  Apparently he doesn't think much of socialized medicine.

This same friend's wife has relatives living in England, another place with socialized medicine.  They paid to fly her to the US for emergency treatment because she couldn't get into see a surgeon in England for at least 6 weeks, by which time she might be dead.

I hear stories like this from people over and over again.  In fact, outside of you, no one I know (not that I read about, but people I have a relationship with) that lives in a place with socialized medicine has a single good thing to say about it.

No thanks.  I'll pass.  Everything the gvt. sticks it's finger in is ruined.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 5:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Should the federal government apply itself toraisingthestanda...

In a message dated 11/10/2003 11:07:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

In our last discussion on socialized (gvt provided) medicine some in this group were in favor of it.  A friend of mine lives in Canada and he is in his 80's.  He had a heart attack Thursday.  He is in good health except for the blockages.  Because of socialized medicine he's going to die.  The gvt. doctors say he's "too old" to fix the blockages so they are refusing to even try.  Yet just last month a man in our church older than him, and in worse general health, had a quadruple by-pass surgery and is now doing very well.  It's a good thing we don't have socialized medicine or the man  in our church would be relegated to die because he's too old

i believe in the list i saw (I think from TIME magazine or some such) Canada was among the worst health care nations anyway,