Dear Wife
        I'm sending you this email to bring up to date
on the events of
        our family. I tried to talk to you while you
were on your  computer, but you
        just kept telling me that you would
BRB.....whatever that means.  So, I
        decided to send you this email.

        John Jr. cut his first tooth today. He's the
one you bounce on  your knee
        while typing. Remember how he giggles when he
hears the" Ut Oh"  sound? Sorry
        about him dropping his peanut butter sandwich
on your keyboard.  Is it
        working okay since I cleaned it up for you?
Can you read the  letters I tried
        to paint back on your keyboard? Most of them
had been rubbed  off.

        Susie had her first date Saturday night. She
had a good time and  said to
        thank you for letting them use your car. She
put the keys back  on the key
        rack underneath the cobwebs where she found
them. Do you realize  that she
        wears the same size clothes as you do? In case
you've forgotten  her, she's
        the one who has you raise your feet when she's
running the  sweeper.

        Tim is playing football. He looks forward to
going to school now  that he has
        a sport to play. He wanted to know if you
would come to one of  his games if
        we bought you a laptop to bring along? Do you
remember him? He's  the one who
        empties your porta potty for you.

        Lets see.....since the last time I wrote you
(3 months ago), the
        refrigerator had to be replaced, the dog died
from old age, your  mother and
        dad painted the room where your computer is
(hope you like the  color), the
        church has a new pastor, the President has
been impeached, and  oh yes..... I
        have a new job.

        Well, I think that's about it. I'll email you
again in about 3  months. You
        take care of yourself honey. We all "miss" you
very much and  will see you
        the next time the power goes off!

        Love,
        Your Husband

=====
I wanted a perfect ending... Now, I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't
rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about
not knowing, having to change, taking the moment, and making the best of it, without
knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity.
--Gilda Radner