From: Charles
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 3:17 PM
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] RE: [TheSandbox] What do you think...

That's not even close to the point and you know it.  If I stand for an interview and tell them that I prefer to listen to 1st Baptist's choir, ours is OK, but my heart is over at 1st Baptist then the members of my choir are going to be demoralized.  It may be that they can overcome it (as in your description below...the football team may very well be able to overcome the slight), but it doesn't change the fact that my words were a demoralizing influence.

My example is no different.  As leader of the choir, I have a responsibility for the morale of the choir.  Negative comments from me will reduce that morale.  A cheerleader, sissy or not, has the responsibility for the morale of the players and the fans.  Negative comments from that person will reduce morale.  That is what demoralizing is...the reducing of morale.

It's not a question of how much it was reduced, or even a question of whether it actually did or not.  The real question is whether the comments could reduce morale.  I say that yes they could.  Therefore it is demoralizing, and sufficient to cause the guy to lose his position on the squad.

As I said, had I been the cheering coach he would have been sent home before the 3rd quarter began.

Charles Mims

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[>>Charles<<]

you sure give alot of credit to one person.  yep i can see all those big sports guys now sitting around thinking they cant win another game cuz the sissy cheerleader guy likes auburn better...poor guys   pffffttttttttttttttttttttt