Charles wrote:

> He's not one of ours.  The National Baptist Convention is African American.
> And, yes, they would, without sounding too racist, their culture finds extra
> marital dalliances by the men to be acceptable.  The money issue would be of
> far greater concern to them, but they would rationalize it.  The culture
> among National Baptists is different from most other Christian groups.

Is that the organization to which Jesse Jackson belongs?

I think we can agree that this proclivity is cultural rather than racial.  Many
African cultures, both Black and Arab, feature the harem tradition.

Still, it's interesting how this clash between their culture and Christian
teachings resolves itself in favor of the culture, which it IMO should not.

Best wishes and God bless,
Lowell