Oops! I voted for Ross.... my bad...

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 07:09 PM, Charles wrote:

Conservatives are going to bolt again like they did in the 90's when they backed Ross Perot.  Ok, they picked a loser, and he wasn't a conservative either.  Most conservatives that I know support Bush *only* because the alternative is less pleasant.

Given a choice between Bush and any democrat (except Zell Miller) I would support Bush in a heartbeat.  And *am* supporting him, I'm even a charter member of his Daytona Beach campaign group.  But, I'm not blind to the fact that he is no conservative.  Compassionate conservatism is a buzzword to say moderate.

Bush lost many opportunities to bolster the conservative cause.  Even the republicans in the house, which are as a group far more conservative than their brethren in the Senate, are getting fed up.

<image.tiff>
From: Tim Harder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 8:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TheSandbox] Re : Were Hillary's Words Treasonous?

I really hate to pile on... but that was so very well put... <G>

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 06:48 PM, Charles wrote:

See Bethany, Tim .... realizes in the end it doesn't mean diddly what the farmer in Iowa or the clergy in FL want because once elected all politicians are going to do what they want anyway and who cares what they said they were going to do.

Conservatives used to have a home in the republican party.  However, the republican party, while more conservative than the Democrats is not conservative any longer.  Look at the spending (not defense spending either, but social spending alone) in the last three years for proof.

<image.tiff>