David wrote:
Well, being that they are close to the Ten Commandments, are they also close to the punishments as in the Old Testament? I'd hate to be falsely accused and have a body part taken off or worse, stoned.
Most Islamic cultures aren't really big on stoning, they prefer blades.  Yes, some of their punishments are harsh by modern standards, but they do have some protections against false accusation.  I don't know how good they are, and of course you have the problem of most of their governments being monarchies or dictatorships.

Anyway....

Best wishes and God bless,
Lowell