Growing Up
ooner or later,
by practicing the principles of the Twelve Steps,
we find in ourselves a very precious thing,
something inside that we can be comfortable with
regardless of whether we are at home by ourselves
or anywhere else that life takes us.
AA members are not emotional cripples
who need someone to hold their hands every moment
of the day and night to prevent their falling.
We grow up with the help of God, as we understand Him,
and the fellowship of the group,
and by applying the Twelve Steps to our lives.
c. 1973 AAWS, Came To Believe . . ., p. 109
With permission, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
^*^*^*^*^
Thought to P
onder . . .
aturity is the ability to make a decision
and follow through.

* * *

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .

T R U S T
=  Try Relying Upon Steps and Traditions.