In a small Texas town there was a "Nativity Scene"
that showed great skill and talent had gone into
creating it. But one small feature bothered me: the
three wise men were wearing firemen's helmets. Totally
unable to come up with a reason or explanation, I
left.

At a "Quik Stop" on the edge of town, I asked the lady
behind the counter about the helmets. She exploded
into a rage, yelling at me, "You darn Yankees never
read your Bibles!"

I assured her that I did, but simply couldn't recall
anything about firemen in the Bible.

She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and
riffled through some pages, and finally jabbed her
finger at a passage. Sticking it in my face she said,
"See, it says right here, 'The three wise men came
from afar.'"

=====
Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love,
aren't you already there?

~Richard Bach~