LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The way it usually works is, reality-show
contestants put a few weeks of their lives in the hands of producers, who
then package the results for our entertainment.

"Todd TV," coming to FX in January, will more or less cut out the middle
man, letting viewers make major life decisions for a 30-year-old Southern
California resident named Todd Santos.

"We hope to accelerate the evolution of reality TV with this experiment,"
says Peter Ligouri, president and CEO of FX. "We all joke that at some point
TV will just run someone's life 24/7. That point is now."

Santos works as a waiter and, according to FX, "has no direction in life."
For good or ill, he'll turn over major decisions -- from finding a roommate
to deciding whether to take a job or start a band to looking up his
high-school girlfriend -- to the public, which can vote via wireless text
messaging.

At the end of each episode, viewers will see a list of decisions they can
make for Santos. If he follows what the audience tells him to do, he
receives a reward each week.

The show will air at 10 p.m. ET Wednesdays for seven weeks. It's an
adaptation of the Dutch series "Master Plan" and is produced by Endemol USA
("Big Brother," "Fear Factor").