Librarians Strip For Charity

Librarians in London have shrugged off their dust jackets and are determined to challenge the stereotype of the dull librarian. An amateur photographer and a former library worker has taken photographs of librarians ages 37 to 60 -- pictures with only an atlas or encyclopedia to cover vital assets -- as a calendar for charity, the London Daily Telegraph reports. "Some colleagues didn't need much persuading, while others needed their arms twisted a little bit," says 42-year-old Miss October, Diane Bowman. "People think it is a little demeaning to the profession but we think it is tasteful. It shows that librarians have a life outside and that we are not boring people."