-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bill Rickard
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 12:42 AM
To: The Sandbox Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Oh my ears...

On Saturday 13 December 2003 10:46, Charles wrote:
> what is your favorite LOUD sound?

The sound of a Top Fuel dragster at wide open throttle from about eight feet
away.

This experience also comes with the smell of nitromethane exhaust and the
burning sensation when it gets in your eyes,

Just for reference the sound from a TF dragster measures about 130 Db. A
Boeing 707 produces about 120 Db at full thrust and the newer 7X7's  run
about 80 to 90 Db.

Ruff ruff
--
Bill