My goodness, what is next??

David L.

Ben Franklin:  “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt, they have more need of masters.”

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Charles
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2003 6:31 PM
To: 'The Sandbox Discussion List'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Sndbox] Our world has become beyond warped...

Santa's knee is off limits for Kiwi children

November 28 2003 at 07:51AM
AFP

Dunedin, New Zealand - A small town has banned children from sitting on Santa's knee because organisers fear liability if anything goes wrong, organisers said on Friday.

Instead, Mosgiel children will be asked to sit next to him, on specially decorated "elf chairs", as they discuss their Christmas wish list.

Organiser Gail Thompson, secretary of the Mosgiel Business Association, which is organising the event, said the precaution was "ridiculous" but necessary. She feared children coming back in at a later date with allegations about Santa's behaviour.

"None of us really want the risk of someone saying in 15 years' time 'When we sat on Santa's knee at market day...', so they are sitting on elfs chairs."

'I can't believe we have become so politically correct'
Graham Glass, who will be Santa, was less than impressed.

"It's bloody ridiculous - I can't believe we have become so politically correct."

The town has also declared that scrabbling for lollies in a free-for-all would be too dangerous for the children, who will instead be handed sweets from a basket.