1. OUTLOOK 2003 JUNK MAIL FILTER UPDATE

Microsoft promised that we'd have frequent updates to the giant dictionary that Outlook 2003 uses to separate the spam from the chaff. Or is that wheat? Anyway...

If you have Outlook 2003, I strongly urge you to drop everything you're doing and click on Help | Check for Updates. Internet Explorer will head over to the Office Update page, where you need to click Check for Updates. Office Update will check your computer.

If you haven't yet installed all the available Office Updates, do it NOW. There are no outstanding system-killing bugs in the updates.

The Junk Mail Filter update goes in slick as could be - it didn't even hiccup when I had Outlook running, and it didn't ask for my installation CD (although the first screen warns you that it may).

The Junk Mail Filter update weighs in at just under 1 MB. Details at http://woodyswatch.com/kb?832333 ____________________