Grinch Steals From Needy Children

A New York City church handyman allegedly robbed a priest of $12,000 at gunpoint because, he told police, "he wanted to make his family proud." Dushon Smith is being held on $100,000 bail after allegedly waiting for the priest at St. Matthew's Roman Catholic Church in Crown Heights, the New York Post reports. "The defendant stated, 'I only took the money so my family could be proud of me for the holidays,'" said prosecutor David Ingle at Smith's arraignment at Brooklyn Criminal Court. Police say Dushon waited for the Rev. Andrew Struzzieri and forced him to open a safe that contained $12,000 for meal and holiday celebrations for needy children.