vUK hotel sues injured British soldier

MORETON, England -- A British hotel is suing a soldier who spent his wedding day in a coma with wounds suffered in Iraq because the man's wedding reception was canceled. The Daily Telegraph says the three-star Leasowe Castle Hotel in Moreton wants $4,400 from Lance Cpl. Alan Tudball, who was wounded March 28 in a "friendly fire" incident when a U.S. aircraft shot at his patrol in Iraq. Tudball's fiancee, Claire McCombe, was forced to cancel the scheduled April 19 event at the hotel, which responded with the lawsuit. Hotel managers say they filed the legal action because they believed the Ministry of Defense would foot the bill for the event. Tudball, still paralyzed in his left arm, told the Telegraph: "The Leasowe Castle was our dream wedding venue and the owner agreed to us holding our reception there even after I found out I was going to war. "My squadron leader promised me that he would let me come home to get married, but there was always a chance that something would happen. And unfortunately it did." He and his fiancee have rescheduled their wedding and reception for 2004 -- but not at the Leasowe Castle.