I've seen him look better in other pictures, but he's still a hottie in this one.....

Angela
"We are all books of blood, wherever opened we are red"

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Jen --
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 1:55 AM
To: 'The Sandbox Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] Depp

Hot Hot

Jen --

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charles
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2003 4:03 PM
To: 'The Sandbox Discussion List'
Subject: [Sndbox] Depp

Disney's First Matey Doesn't Johnny Depp know anything? Doesn't he know that there are two types of performers -- actors and stars -- and that he belongs to the former category? Actors appear in independent, impenetrable movies as dark, tortured geniuses. They are adored by critics and shunned by audiences. They live in France. They do not -- repeat, do not -- show up in movies with the name ''Bruckheimer'' in the credits. Especially not if that movie is based on a Disney theme-park ride.

And yet there Johnny Depp was, starring in ''Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl'' -- and, almost as bizarre, he seemed to be having the time of his life. Depp's previous performances had a certain remoteness, but in ''Pirates'' he let audiences in on the fun. His blurry, slurry Jack Sparrow was an effeminate, self-dramatizing lush, but Depp played him with a wink, as if to say, ''Can you believe they're letting me get away with this?'' They almost didn't, of course: Some Disney executives tried to rein in his performance. Those same executives called to thank him as the film blew past $300 million at the domestic box office, becoming the year's most unexpected hit. ''I've felt for years that the moviegoing audience has been underestimated,'' Depp says. ''So with 'Pirates,' it felt good to get letters and phone calls from certain Disney executives who said, 'You were right, I was wrong.''' --by Tim Carvell , with reporting by Chris Nashawaty

<<image001.gif>>

<<image002.jpg>>