Ronald D. Moore, executive producer of SCI FI Channel's hit miniseries
Battlestar Galactica, told the SyFy Portal Web site that he's prepping a
proposed series, but that no decision has been made on whether it will go
forward. The "jury is still out" on whether SCI FI will pick up the highly
rated miniseries as a full-blown series, Moore told the site.

"We're still in discussions with the network," Moore said. "The actors'
contracts have been extended until the end of January (that is the time
period in which their options for series can be picked up), and I've been
working on the show bible and the first few episodes in anticipation of a
possible order." He added, "It's a complicated, ambitious show, and SCI FI
Channel wants to understand all the economic implications before going to
series-pretty standard network procedure-but I'm hopeful we'll get the
pickup."

Moore also confirmed comments he previously made to IGN FilmForce that he
will not be returning as a producer of HBO's fantasy series Carnivale, the
site reported. "I won't be returning to Carnivale for its second season, as
I decided to concentrate on development and hopefully a BSG series," Moore
said.