LOS ANGELES - Actress Kate Hudson (news) and her husband, musician Chris Robinson (news), have had their first child, a boy.

Photo
AP Photo

Reuters Photo
Reuters
Slideshow Slideshow: Kate Hudson

Ryder Russell Robinson was born Wednesday in Los Angeles, weighing in at 8 pounds, 11 ounces.

Hudson, 24, the daughter of Goldie Hawn (news), and former Black Crowes singer Robinson, 37, have been married since 2000.

An Academy Award nominee for supporting actress for "Almost Famous," Hudson most recently starred in last year's hit romances "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and "Le Divorce" and the flop "Alex & Emma."

Angela
"We are all books of blood, wherever opened we are red"