From: Charles
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 1:32 PM
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] SOUR BEEF AND DUMPLINGS

SOUR BEEF AND DUMPLINGS

3-5 lb. roast or beef cubes
1 qt. vinegar
1 sm. bag pickling spice
2 chopped onions
1 box old fashion ginger snaps
Sugar to taste

In 8 quart pot boil 4 quarts water, meat, vinegar, pickling spice and onion until meat is tender. Remove meat, cut into cubes.

In large bowl put ginger snaps and 4 cups hot water. Stir until melted. Add sugar to taste. Put ginger snap mix into pot. Stir until thick; add meat. Lower heat. Add dumplings 5 minutes until warm.

DUMPLINGS:

1 lg. loaf bread
5 lbs. potatoes
2 eggs
1 stick butter
Salt and pepper

Peel potatoes. Boil until done; drain. Mash potatoes and butter. Break bread into small cubes. Add to potatoes. Add eggs, salt and pepper. Mix by hand. Form into small balls. Add to sour beef mix.

Charles Mims