Dear Ida Ho,

You can't have it *both* ways. Make up your mind.

On Thursday, January 15, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Charles wrote:

DEAR Sandbox: I feel so bad. I have hurt the feelings of the person I'm the closest to. I was talking to my sister the other day and in the course of our conversation I insulted her without even realizing what I was saying. Now I'm not sure what to do. I want to apologize, but at the same time I don't want to make her remember the incident and open an old wound all over again. I also feel so awful that I don't know what to say. Help. -- Ida, Chicago, Ill.